I found this great Fitness Challenge on Muscle and Strength that I felt was worthy of sharing. They call it the Bodyweight Birthday Fitness Challenge, but you know you don't really have to do it on your birthday.
I would highly advise trying this Challenge if you think you are strong, but be prepared to suffer a little. Make sure to allow a few days of recovery after the workout and make sure you are properly fueled prior to starting this so you have the energy to give it your best effort.
The Muscle and Strength author, Roger "Rock" Lockridge, goes as far as stating, "fitness challenge most lifters can't complete". Who doesn't like to be challenged. Just be smart about it and always maintain proper technique.
So here is the Birthday Fitness Challenge
- Barbell Back Squats
- Barbell Bench Press
- Barbell Deadlift
- Your age will serve as the number of reps you need to complete
- You age will also serve for how long you have to complete the entire workout in minutes
- Your bodyweight (1/2 BW for women) will serve as the weight lifted for Squats, Bench Press and Deadlift
- You have to complete all 5 exercises
- Any time left after the 5 exercises you run until the time is up (so if you are 40 and finish all 5 exercises in 32 minutes you will run for 8 minutes)
Good luck and feel free to contact me and let me know how you did if you decided to take the Challenge. Or you can personally thank Roger "Rock" Lockridge for created this masterpiece.