Rugged Rucker's is Chattanooga's official GORUCK ruck club. Our Friday Night Rucks is a way to bring people of all experiences and abilities together to spend a Friday night rucking with some friends, explore some new sites around the city, and of course enjoy a cold beverage afterwards...think of it as social fitness.
Rugged Ruckers is a ruck club and we want to build this into something everyone feels they can, and want to be a part of. It's FREE to participate, just show up and follow along, really it's that simple.
What is Rucking?
"RUCK•ING [VERB] carrying a weighted pack on your back. It implies action, energy, and purpose.
Rucking is the foundation of Special Forces training. Green Berets are well versed in shouldering heavy rucks through cities, mountains, jungles and deserts, in war and in peace -- alone when they must, together whenever possible. Rucking requires strength, endurance, and character -- and builds it, too.
Note: Hiking is rucking in the mountains, urban hiking is simply called rucking. Rucking can be done at any weight".
Each week the starting location, route, duration, and tempo might change, so pay attention to our FB page (events) for details. The locations of each week will also be posted here on our site at the bottom.
Most weeks we will plan routes that last between 1.5-3 hrs in duration and between 4-9 miles. Avg pace will be roughly 15:00 min/mile. We recommend 15lbs for women, and 25lbs for men, however, you are free to carry more weight if you choose.
Headlamps are occasionally needed, and everyone should have some sort of reflective band attached to the back of the ruck/pack.
Our Friday Night Rucks are a great way to help prepare for an upcoming GoRuck event and improve cardiovascular fitness. On average, you'll burn between 500-1,000 calories during these rucks.
Most routes will be on pavement/footpaths, but we will also utilize some of the trails around the city. Wear appropriate footwear, clothing, and always bring some sort of hydration (water, Gatorade, etc) and food.
During some of the rucks, we will include some PT (physical training), to spice things up and keep it fun. This could include such things as bear crawls, pushups, squats, lunges, etc all while wearing your ruck/pack. You can expect some unknowns to be thrown in as well.
Weekly Starting Locations: (Meet at 6pm)
- 9th - Tap House Brewery, 3800 St Elmo Ave
- 16th - Heaven and Ale Brewery, 300 Cherokee Blvd
- 23rd - Heaven and Ale Brewery, 300 Cherokee Blvd
- 30th - Daily Ration, 1220 Dartmouth St
- 6th - Publix Super Market, 400 N Market St
- 13th - no Ruck this week
- 20th - Big Frog Brewing, 2122 Dayton Blvd
- 27th - Pizzaria Cortile, 4400 Dayton Blvd
- 4th - The TapHouse Brewery, 3800 St Elmo Ave
- 11th - Hutton and Smith Brewing Co., 431 E. M L King Blvd
- 18th - no Ruck this week
- 25th - Daily Ration, 1220 Dartmouth St
- 1st - Chattanooga Brewing Co., 1804 Chestnut
- 8th - The TapHouse Brewery, 3800 St Elmo Ave
- 15th - Heaven and Ale Brewery, 300 Cherokee Blvd
- 22nd - Mayfly Coffee, 708 Mississippi Ave (Signal Mtn.)
- 29th - Big Frog Brewing, 2122 Dayton Blvd
- 6th - Mayfly Coffee, 708 Mississippi Ave (Signal Mtn)
- 13th - The TapHouse Brewery, 3800 St Elmo Ave
- 20th - Hutton and Smith Brewing Co., 431 E. MLK Blvd
- 21st - GoRuck Tough/Light Chatt Prep, Coolidge Park 7am
- 27th - Chattanooga Brewing Co., 1804 Chestnut
- 3rd - Baylor School (meet by soccer fields off Raider Ln, just past gate)
- 10th - Mike's Hole in the Wall, 525 Cherokee Blvd
- 10th - GORUCK Tough Nashville event 9pm
- 11th - GORUCK Light Nashville event 2pm
- 17th - GORUCK Tough Chattanooga event 9pm
- 18th - GORUCK Light Chattanooga event 2pm
- 24th - The TapHouse Brewery, 3800 St Elmo Ave
- 31st - Daily Ration, 1220 Dartmouth St
- 7th -
- 14th -
- 21st -
- 27th - GORUCK Heavy Knoxville event 6pm
- 28th - GORUCK Tough Knoxville event 9pm
- 29th - GORUCK Light Knoxville event 2pm